Thursday, December 5, 2013

Facebook Analysis

At the beginning of the semester I wanted to do something worth while. I wanted it to be fun, and that I would really enjoy just helping out. I knew that if it was something that was my hobby I would have been a huge slacker, but I'm glad that I chose something that allowed me the freedom to experiment and to try new things. The Children of Hope Academy was just the place for me. I was extremely excited when the owners allowed me the privilege of helping them out with their school. I really enjoyed getting to know them, and all of the students and volunteers who go there everyday.

The audience I had chosen for this were mainly college students who lived near by that could donate some spare time to help out at the academy and people who were in the early to mid 30's range. I was glad to see the most of my audience ranged from ages 18-34.


 I did notice that with my posts the most popular posts were those that had pictures. It seemed like more people are drawn to seeing a photo than reading a long status update or even reading an article. One of my goals was to post different articles; however, the first article I posted only got 49 views with 1 like. I thought it would have gotten more, but I did notice the jump of likes and views when I posted pictures and tagged people them. I realized, as with myself, that it is easier to like a photo than to actually read. It's been a lot easier to gain peoples interest when it deals with people that they know. I also noticed that more people viewed a post on the page if it had to do with raising funds for the school. One of the posts I had received 803 views because it focused on selling Dixie Direct books and how half the funds made went to the academy.

I had hoped to gain more likes, shares, and comments with this Facebook page, but I realized that if you want more of those likes, shares, and comments it is best to be consistent. I tried to post once a day or every other day, but it turned out more to be once a week at best. I did notice within the last week with my posting of the 10 commandments to communicating with people with disabilities that a lot of people were interested to know and they did get a few shares, likes, and comments.

Overall, I really enjoyed learning more about working with social media and what it takes to get people involved in your page. If I could change or do anything differently I would be consistent posting at least once a day and tagging more people in photos. I would also try to stay on focus with my goals. I don't think that I really stayed on task like I wanted, but I still think that the whole page turned out great and hope to keep going with it. I would love to get The Children of Hope Academy more likes and get the word out about the wonderful things they are doing there.


No comments:

Post a Comment