I did get the chance to hear Obama's address on YouTube, and I noticed that the way he uses his words. He relates to the hearts of the people, and tries to even persuade them to come to his side and accept his point of view. To accept why our country is going to do a military strike.
However, even after getting on a few hours later there were still people tweeting about President Obama's address. The comments revolved around mainly negative aspects of Obama's speech. There were plenty of criticisms, and many people saying that it is the worst idea for the United States to go to war. On Facebook, I had one friend that said, "No matter how little or big of an intervention it is it will still be bad for us." He continued to say if we did go to Syria with this military tactic who would we be benefiting? The rebels, or the Syrian Army.
There were also a instances in which people did agree with what he said. They think it is perfectly fine to take this opportunity to get rid of the chemical bombs that have done harm to those in Syria.
Anyway, even after Obama's address there were still thousands of tweets popping up on twitter with vast criticisms and support for his position on Syria. I can understand that there is no easy way to look at this kind of situation. After reading and talking with a few of my friends about it, my opinion still hasn't changed, but I also find that I can agree with the fact that it may not be the best idea with the military strike in Syria.
Anyway, even after Obama's address there were still thousands of tweets popping up on twitter with vast criticisms and support for his position on Syria. I can understand that there is no easy way to look at this kind of situation. After reading and talking with a few of my friends about it, my opinion still hasn't changed, but I also find that I can agree with the fact that it may not be the best idea with the military strike in Syria.
No comments:
Post a Comment